Know Your Camera | Workshop
Do you dream of capturing better images?
Perhaps you bought a great camera, but not sure how it works?
If you’re saying yes, we have a simple and fun class for you.
Welcome to Know Your Camera and learn to take images you will love.
Date: Sunday, June 17, 2018 | 9:00am – 5.00pm
Location: 95 Victoria Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne
Cost: $280. Includes morning/afternoon tea. We will go out for a group lunch.
How to Book: For registration and payment details contact Gray at email@example.com or 0412111097. Registration closes on June 14th.
Suitable for: Beginners or enthusiasts who want to start mastering their camera. Small group (max 10) to ensure personalized attention.
Know Your Camera – What we will cover
Gain insights and learn fabulous tips used by professionals photographers that will change your approach to photography and perhaps how you see the world. This class will cover:
- A complete tour of your camera. What do all those buttons do? What is the best lens to use and why?
- The 3 secrets to improve your photography before you even get started.
- Why is Location and Composition so important? How can you make them both work for you?
- Light Light Light – does it really matter? Oh yes, it does! We will help you understand why and help you find and use it.
- How to control your camera so it doesn’t control you. We will teach you to the Exposure Triangle and shooting in Manual and show you why it is so important. Do you ever wonder why your sport shots are blurry or how people get those great beautiful blurry backgrounds? We will review all this and more.
- Hands on exercise and Photowalk to practice getting the best out of our Location, Composition and Light and your Camera. Yes, bring your cameras – we are going to use them.
About the instructors and creators of Know Your Camera:
Chamilka Jayawardana (affectionately known as CJ to all those around her) is a professional photographer based in Melbourne Australia. Accredited with the Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP), Chamilka founded CJ Photography in 2010, which specialises in Family Portraiture and Boutique weddings. Since, she has also opened a travel photography business with CJ Photo Escapes. Her photography aims to capture authenticity, feeling and above all stories – intangible things that can be revisited long after the moment has passed.
Gray Tham Hi! I am the photographer behind Simply Gray Photography. I am an award winning accredited professional children’s photographer (and Mom to 3) born in New York but raised around the world – most recently in Australia since 2002. Simply Gray Photography has photographed 100s of children and families in Australia and the United States. I am passionate about capturing the magic of childhood and the connections between family members, capturing the every day and beautiful landscapes around the world.
BOOK YOUR SPOT by getting in touch here:
What previous people have said
“CJ gave me the understanding, courage and support I needed to take my dusty SLR off the shelf, off Auto mode and into Manual mode where I was launched into being able to take perfectly composed shots. A must for anyone of any ability to fall in love with their cameras all over again.” ~ Sarah C.
“Chamilka’s workshop was well thought out with plenty of useful information. She is very knowledgeable, approachable and patient with every person in our group. I would have no hesitation in recommending her to friends and family looking to enhance their photography skills.” ~ Jacinta A.
“I would highly recommend a photography workshop with Chamilka! Within the first few hours, I was able to switch off from auto mode and take some beautiful photos on the manual settings. Chamilka’s enthusiasm is infectious, and her ability to convey her knowledge to a novice like me, made it such an enjoyable experience. ” ~ Rebecca W.
“I already knew the fundamentals but the one on one guidance that Chamilka gave me took my photos to the next level” ~ Teresa P.
“Your photography course gave me the confidence to explore my camera settings and experiment. Thank you.” ~ Rebecca L.
BOOK YOUR SPOT by getting in touch here: